We understand that arranging a funeral service can feel very daunting, especially during a very emotional time. Our team is trained to be able to assist you and hopefully make the task less formidable.
We employ our own full-time staff, including two funeral directors, and operate a full 24-hour personal service so that we are always available to give free help and advice with enquiries and instructions. It is however difficult to cover all eventualities in a website summary, and as a result we are always available to provide personal advice.
At all times the funeral director will be supported by two trained, experienced members of staff and a private ambulance that can respond to the directors’ instructions on a 24-hour call out basis, 365 days a year.
A significant number of the funerals we undertake follow a traditional pattern, but we have the experience required to cater for a wide variety of individual wishes.
We have selected a number of key steps for you and your family to consider. Do check if there is a will or if the deceased has left any special requests for their funeral; these will be relevant when discussing the arrangements with the funeral director.
One of the first choices is whether to have a burial or a cremation. This is influenced by:
- wishes of the deceased and family traditions
- wishes of the next of kin
- costs involved
We are happy to discuss this choice with you and give advice.
One of our funeral directors will be available to meet you at a place of your convenience or at our offices. The following points are generally included in any discussion:
- Guidance and assistance on all legal aspects
- Co-ordination and completion of required forms
- Advice and suggestions as to what services are appropriate
- Viewing at our chapel of rest
- Funeral service at your place of worship
- Collection and forwarding of donations
- Bereavement counselling services
- We will endeavour to assist with any special requests
The funeral director can complete all necessary planning and arrangements:
- Clergy, organist, church, crematorium
- Obituary notices, service sheet design and printing, catering, flowers
- We will answer all enquiries relating to the funeral